Our lightweight models are perfect for players looking for a more nimble and brilliant sound. These are available in the same sizes as the standard weight line.
The bass trombone models include the following rim sizes:
- 1 The largest rim size offered. It is intended for professional players that are use to playing on larger equipment.
- 1.25 A large mouthpiece that provides support in all registers.
- 1.5 A well-rounded and balanced mouthpiece intended to fill any role.
- 1.6 Very similar feel to the 1.5 but with a slightly smaller rim diameter.
- 1.75 A dense and compact tone while still retaining excellent balance and response.
- 2 The smallest bass trombone rim size offered. Ideal for bass trombonists looking for a more compact sound. This is a great transition mouthpiece for tenor players that are new to bass trombone.
Each cup requires the respective diameter rim.
Each of these come in three different cup configurations:
- D Our deepest cup in our stock options, providing a very free-blowing experience. The extra depth allows for a warmer and richer tone color in the low register, without sacrificing the upper register.
- M Our medium cup is the most popular model. It is a middle of the road cup designed to appeal to a broad range of performance genres.
- S Our shallow cup provides more support in the middle and upper registers, adding some extra brilliance and efficiency.
All available in brushed silver or brushed gold.